Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Teri Anderson Inspired Card

"Meet today's card." Those are the words Teri Anderson uses in her blog posts to introduce her creations. Here's a card totally inspired by an awesome card she made in this blog post. Like Teri, I love baker's twine.

On Saturday I was able to see Teri in person again. She was at the local Scrapbook Expo teaching classes for Technique Tuesday. Teri introduced me to Lisa (Paper Grace Designs). Lisa and I shopped the Expo together. We were both at the CHA Supershow over a year ago and met the same people, but didn't meet each other until Saturday.
I started with a piece of matboard and covered the entire surface (and part of the back) with double-sided tape. I trimmed lengths of baker's twine and attached them to the matboard. I finished off the card with the happy birthday sentiment and some bling. I'm sending this card to my niece.

Here' s a picture of the 3 of us Teri posted on Twitter.

Have a good one! 
Card Ingredients
Stamps: none
Paper: textured paper from my stash, matboard
Ink: none
Tools: Scoring Board (Martha Stewart)
Other: baker's twine (Etsy, Divine Twine, House of Three - Pink Paislee), pearls & bling (Prima), double-sided tape, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, felt sentiment (Making Memories)

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your inspired card..its super fab..love all the twine. FUN pic!!! Lucky you to meet up with Teri & Lisa!

teri said...

:) :) :)
Getting to see you both made the whole trip for me, even if it wasn't near long enough!
And I love the card!!!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

I LOVE this card, Anthonette! And I love Teri, too!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh fabulous, thanks Cath for spotlighting this!

~amy~ said...

yahooooo...congrats on the MFW shout out!

linda L said...

Great card...very cool!

Angie Tieman said...

GREAT card!! Congrats on the Moxie shout out!

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

Love all the texture on this card!