Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Happy Holidays - A 3D Tree

Hello dear readers. Happy Hannukah to those of you celebrating the last day of Hannukah today. I am not ready for Christmas. There...I said it! I'm tired of always being behind schedule when it comes to this time of year. I've shopped for myself (do you do the same?). I have this new sweet machine! But when it comes to shopping for my family, I'm way behind schedule. I haven't started making the 65 copies our annual Christmas card. I designed this one, but I haven't finalized the design. Well, enough of my blabbing.

This is a 4.25" square card I made when I visited Ericka in Seattle last month. We worked till all hours of the night in her studio.

I loved Ericka's selection of paper punches! I had fun using this large tree punch made by EK Success. I punched 4 trees and then scored them in half verically. I glued each half to the half of the next tree. I love that the tree folds down pretty flat for mailing purposes. I added a rhinestone to the tree top and baker's twine to finish it off. The border stamp around the square patterned paper is from a Fiskars stamp set called Layer Away Dots. I'm not sure what company make the Happy Holidays stamp. I think the paper is from Memory Box; I'm too tired to go downstairs and check. Hehe!

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh Sista...I'm so behind on everything that I'm overwhelmed BUT I'm trying to just do the best I can....I love your 3D tree card...it's gorgeous....those trees would make darling ornaments!

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute! Love the 3D tree! Very cute!

naomi chokr said...

Oh congratulatons on your new macbookr air!!!!! i love love love your card