Sunday, October 3, 2010

Halloween Test Tubes

Hi dearies, I hope you're having a great weekend. I can't believe it's already October. As part of World Card Making Day yesterday I was busy in my studio, but I wasn't making a card. I was creating these Halloween test tubes. I found a pack of Martha Stewart tubes yesterday at Michael's on sale. I wanted to buy these last year, but I couldn't find them. The first photo was taken with my iPhone so I could play with the fun effects using the Lo-Mob app. I like the photo; it's fun and a little creepy!

Here's a more modern picture of the test tubes. Thanks to a very nice gift from Ivy, I have some cool Provo Craft dies to create the black tags. Using a paper punch I cut out various patterned paper from a Martha Stewart pack. This morning I happened to see these Halloween test tubes that Kerry made and I was blown away! As an homage to what Kerry created, I used the "specimen" stickers that came with the test tubes to create my own "Vampire Blood" and "Spider Eggs" tags.

Here's a collage with a photo of each test tube.

Thanks for stopping by!

Test Tube Ingredients
Stamps: none
Paper: Basic Black, Friendly Mat Pad (Martha Stewart)
Ink: none
Tools: Big Shot with tag dies (Provo Craft), 1.25" circle punch
Other: baker's twine (Etsy), foam tape (3M), Tombow Mono Liquid Glue, red gel pen (Sakura), black pen, test tubes (Martha Stewart), M&Ms & miscellaneous candy

3 comments:

Sam said...

How much fun are these little beauties?! What a great idea...makes me wish we did Halloween here so much.

:-)
Sam.

Kerry said...

these are amazing!! LOVE "spider eggs" - how creative!! Thanks for sharing :)

Angie Tieman said...

Oh my word, these are so stinking cute! I just saw the test tubes at Michael's yesterday, looks like I'm going back to buy them! Thanks for sharing!