Friday, September 24, 2010

Welcome Little One

Hi everyone! I don't submit my work to magazines that often, but when I saw a recent publication call for baby cards in non-traditional colors, I knew I wanted to design a card. I love the use of non-traditional colors. The card wasn't accepted for publication, so I get to show it here. I like the look of white ink stamped on black cardstock. It looks like a vintage chalkboard.

All the stamps for this card come from the very talented Paloma Gomez and Dulces Ideas Clear Stamps. I randomly placed all sorts of sentiments on my acrylic block to create a background stamp. I love this look. I created a similar card here.

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Welcome, Baby Shower, Decoracion (Dulces Ideas Clear Stamps)
Paper: Basic Black (SU!), patterned paper (Prima)
Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink), Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Tools: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Crop-a-Dile (We R Memory Keepers)
Other: ribbon (Michael's), bakers twine (Etsy), star brad (SU!), foam tape (3M), white gel pen (Sakura)

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

wow...this is absolutely adorable..love the use of the non-traditional colors...they are missing out not picking this up for publishing!!!!

Ceecee said...

Oh, how I love those non-traditonal colors! When my son was a baby, I received a black outfit for him with bright red trims and he looked so good in it! Love black for kids; it brings out their features!!! So this card to me is awesome.
CC

Angie Tieman said...

This is adorable!!

Kerry said...

love the non-traditional baby colors you used. GREAT card!

Erum Tasneem said...

oh i love this! love love love this! this is soo different than all the baby cards we make! Brilliant choice of colours!