Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

It's a beautiful Saturday here. I hope you're having a great day. I've just been taking it easy. I watched Nate Berkus' new show; I liked it.

Today is my mom's birthday; love her! I'll have to send her the link to this blog entry since this card has not made it to her in New Mexico. On all the cards I make for her, I try to do actual sewing, since she sews. On this card, I used a paper piercer to pierce around the border of the plum cardstock. The black "thread" is a fine black Sharpie pen.

This card uses the same stamps as the previous card I published, but I love the colors on this card more.

Card Ingredients (all from Papertrey Ink unless where noted)
Stamps: Year of Flowers: Roses, Damask Designs
Paper: white, Plum Pudding, Orange Zest Bitty Dots patterned paper
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Fresh Snow
Tools: Heart to Heart punch (SU!), paper piercing tool & template
Other: buttons, foam tape (3M), black pen (Sharpie), black/white baker's twine, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue

3 comments:

Jen Carter said...

This is very pretty! I love the pop of color at the bottom!!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Just gorgeous, Anthonette! I'm sure your mom will love it. =)

Erum Tasneem said...

soo simple and soooo very cute!