Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oops! It's Past Your 9th Birthday!

Hi there! It's been a while on the old blog-o. Knock, knock...is this thing on? My in-laws were here over the weekend and the Little Guy started school yesterday. The regular busy routine starts again.

I'm back today to share a card I made last week for our friend, Joshua. I felt so bad because we missed his birthday party last Sunday. The day was overwhelming because my 5-year old niece, Alexa, broke her arm above the elbow and had surgery. We found out my second cousin, Matias, was killed in Denver. I was so distracted by all the tragic news that day, I totally forgot about Joshua's party.

I had begun work on this for the CARDS magazine blog when they were asking for star-shaped cards. I didn't have a chance to finish it by their deadline.

The template for this card comes from Kristina Werner when she created it for the Hero Arts blog. You can find the template here. The patterned paper is from The Boyfriend line by Cosmo Cricket. I used my Silhouette digital cutter to cut the 9 from Cosmo Cricket paper and several times from kraft cardstock in order to make my own chipboard. The sentiment comes from a retired Stampin' Up set. The original sentiment read "Oops! It's a hare past your birthday!" I just removed the word "hare". I was too lazy to take a new picture, but I added a "th" after the 9 so it reads "9th".

Thanks for stopping by.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Birthday Banter (SU!), Background Basics: Woodgrain (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Kraft, The Boyfriend (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Tools: Silhouette
Other: star card template (Kristina Werner), twine, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, foam tape (3M)

2 comments:

Patty Tanúz said...

Holaaa, this is a beautiful card!!!!!!!! Love your blog! :)

Erum Tasneem said...

so cute!!