Saturday, August 29, 2009

Muchas Gracias


Hi everyone! I haven't posted anything new in over a week. I was busy this week helping out at school. I have many cards that are a work in progress, but I haven't completed anything until today. (Edited to Add: Re-took photos since I had better lighting.)

This card incorporates several new SU! goodies and some digi-paper I won from Holly Jones (owner of My Cute Stamps) back in June. The pack is called Delicious Lemonade.

Can I confess I'm still having a hard time embracing the new SU! in-colors? I ordered all 6 inks, but unlike previous years, I didn't order the re-inkers. I always buy the corresponding re-inker when I buy any ink pad (SU! and non-SU!). What about you? Do you do the same?

I loved the card on p. 194 of the latest SU! catalog (US version) and used it as inspiration for this card. I embossed the patterned paper with the the SU! dots Texturz Plate. I don't have the Curly Label punch, but I resized a design on my Silhouette to mimic the punch and cut it out of Bordering Blue paper.

Have a great weekend. I'm headed downstairs to make the guys an Açaí smoothie. It's so hot here; we don't feel like cooking dinner.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Agradecimento (SU!)
Paper: Melon Mambo, Bordering Blue, Whisper White, Delicious Lemonade Digi-Kit (Holly Jones)
Ink: Melon Mambo
Tools: QuicKutz Silhouette, Big Shot w/Texturz Plate, Modern Label punch (SU!)
Other: button (Making Memories - Chloe's Closet), foam tape, twine, glue dot, Melon Mambo ribbon, white gel pen (Sakura)

6 comments:

Ann said...

Very pretty! I only buy reinkers when I need them, which is rarely.

~amy~ said...

darling card...great use of holly's digi-paper!!!

I use to buy the reinkers and honestly, I've never had to reink...

Traveling Mama said...

This is so sweet! I love cards with sentiments in Spanish! Makes me want to load up and head to Spain! LOL!

Yaneri said...

Such a sweet card! I like the "muchas gracias" stamp! Is that a stamp kit you got? Really interested where you got that! Estoy buscando versos en espanol!

Gracias!

Yaneri

Savitri said...

This is great! I know how it is though, being busy. My posts have been random! Cute cute card you have here!

~kelly marie~ said...

SO pretty! I love all of these colors together!