Saturday, September 27, 2008

Robot & Princess Gift Card Holders

Thanks Kristina for the great instructions and template for these gift card holders! Like Kristina, I started my gift card holders with kraft paper. I love kraft paper. This project is also for the Verve "Gettin' Krafty" challenge (VVPP06). Kristina's instructions didn't call for Velcro closures, but I added them.

I made these gift card holders, because we were invited to a birthday party today at my friend
Rebecca's house. Her son and daughter were celebrating their 7th and 5th birthdays. My sweet hubby started getting a sore throat the other day. I started getting a sore throat last night. I didn't sleep well, either. Kalino had been looking forward to the party because it was a pirate/costume party. He had his pirate costume ready. He was an upset little "Jack Sparrow" when I told him we weren't going to the party, because we didn't want to spread our virus around. Rebecca was going to have crafts for the kids and she was serving Hawaiian food. Rebecca and her husband are like my Sweetie and I...we love Hawaii!

Robot Gift Card Ingredients
Stamps: Birthday Whimsy (SU)
Paper: Kraft, Mr. Roboto DSP (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: 3/4" circle punch, foam tape, Making Memories brads, Velcro, Tombo glue
Princess Gift Card Ingredients
Stamps: A Little Love (SU-retired), Clear Stamps Greetings (Heidi Grace)
Paper: Kraft, white, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip DSP, Pretty in Pink DSP (retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: scallop edge punch, Stickles, dimensionals, rhinestone (Michael's), colored pencil, Making Memories brads, Velcro, Chocolate Chip Polytwill ribbon, pink ribbon (Michael's), Making Memoires eyelet, Tombo glue

8 comments:

chloe said...

I absolutely LOVE these gift card holders!!

Anonymous said...

you did a fantastic job with the gift card holders! I've got the template printed and just have to find time to do it now :) yours look GREAT!

wendyp said...

These are adorable! Love the contrast of the pattern papers with the kraft cardstock!

Catherine said...

oh i love your gift cards and yes saw this at KW's blog and just love them

Jenn Muraoka said...

These are wonderful!! I hope you're having a good week! Hugs, Jenn

Enjoli said...

Love these!! Love the robot one... I'm going to have to try it out.. =)

Alice said...

These are adorable!

Happy WCMD!

Crafty Mom said...

I just received them today and they are adorable! What a great idea. Thanks so much! Hope Kalino can come over for a playdate.