Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Bird-Day to You!

I made this card in a rush yesterday for a friend's daughter turning 2. We were invited to her party. I hate rushing. I wish I could be like Julie Ebersole, she whips out amazing 5-Minute-Quickies (5MQs as she calls them...she's so funny).

Overall, I'm not happy with this card. The ribbon is too skinny. There is too much white-space...maybe I should've stamped more birds. I used the nice curved
template Kristina gave us on her blog. I still had origami paper on my desk from Friday's project, so that is the designer paper you see. I love the paper. I combined the bird from Pun Fun and the sentiment from all older SU set. I choose it because it's curvy.

In a tribute to talented Jenn (
KiyomiKrafts), I stamped the envelope too! You can see part of in at the bottom of the picture. In a lot of her YouTube videos, I'm always amazed at how much detail she puts inside the card and on the envelope. I never do that.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Pun Fun, Love Ya Bunches
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, white, origami paper
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Sakura white gel pen, Stickles, foam tape, ribbon, Kristina's
template

4 comments:

Catherine said...

i used KW's template also this week and had so much fun with it. I think your card is cute.

Jenn Muraoka said...

Haha, you're so funny! Thanks for the mini tribute! But I love the card. I think the design is beautiful and the paper you used is perfect. I like the skinny ribbon, it's cute. It makes the card look really feminine. You did a great job!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

How very sweet!

Erum Tasneem said...

awwwwwwwwwww this is so adorable!