Sunday, July 20, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #25

I rotated Taylor's sketch on it's side. Two nieces will be celebrating birthdays in a few weeks, so this card is for one of them.

I paper pieced the clothing. I paper pierced the circles and main layer. I also liked the look of distressing the circles. I noticed
Dawn McVey does this. I love the look. I used a Sakura Glaze Gelly Roll pen on the sunglasses to give them a shiny look.
Card Ingredients
Stamps: Inkadinkado Humorous Birthday
Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, Blue Bayou, Spring Silhouette DSP
Ink: Memories Black
Other: 1/2" & 3/4" circle punches, paper piercers, dimensionals, rhinestone stickers (Michaels), Sakura Glaze Gelly Roll, Crayola Brown pencil

3 comments:

Catherine said...

hahahaha, love that sentiment..cute card!

Jenn Muraoka said...

How cute is this. You have so much detail in the card! I love the sentiment too. BTW I left you an award on my blog. It's just for you to enjoy, I know you got one already, but I wanted to give you one TOO! Hugs, jenn

Jaime said...

How adorable... and don't you just love that stamp set? I got it a little while ago.. but haven't used it yet... there are really some funny ones in that set. Love how you did her pants & I agree about the distressed look on the circles :) Great card!
Jaime