Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Favorite "Go To" Layout is Changing

In this week's challenge, Theresa from Addicted to Stamps & Scraps asked us to give our favorite "go to" layout. I don't feel like a have a "go to" layout anymore. That's why I love all the layout and color inspiration challenges. I'm having to think outside my normal box, so it's changing how I create new cards.

I made this card 5 years ago exactly (I obsessively date the back of everything I make and save a copy of everything I've made for others...who else does that?). This represents what used to by my "go to" layout.

I was going through my older work and there was a definite pattern:
* I mainly used the standard A2 size of card.
* The orientation of the card was usually vertical.
* There was never anything too bulky on the card (for mailing purposes).

* The main stamped (or in this case, embossed) image was centered and had some layering.
* The greeting was centered on the width of the A2 card.

I have done some similar layouts on this blog, for example: Cupcakes are Good for You and Paper Pierced Flower. But, a girl has the perogative to change her mind! I'm liking a square-shaped card these days.

I've done a few swaps with my good friend, Ericka. I've always admired her work. One thing I admire is she creates cards in a variety of sizes and orientations. She just created a blog today.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Stampin' Up Birthday Greetings
Paper: Vellum, gold paper, light blue and a So Saffron look-alike (bought from Only the Best)
Ink: Brilliance Galaxy Gold
Other: Stampin' Up Butterflies stencil, Making Memories eyelets

Posted by Picasa

No comments: