Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge #5

This week, we have some of my favorite colors in the challenge:


Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, and Close to Cocoa

I've got Mother's Day on the brain, so here's my design:


I used my Crop-A-Dile to do the dry embossing. I used the reinkers for the 4 colors, Diamond Glaze, Pearl Ex, acetate, and the tissue paper that comes with acetate to do create the butterfly. This technique comes from MaryJo McGraw. I don't have a Stampin' Up corner rounder to create a scalloped edge, so I create my own by punching out several 3/4" circles and attaching them individually.

Card Ingredients
Stamps: Stampin' Up All Holidays, Little Pieces, Magenta butterfly
Paper: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, DSP by K & Company
Ink: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, and Close to Cocoa, StazOn Black
Other: Acetate, Diamond Glaze, Pearl Ex (Sparkle Gold, Spring Green, Turquoise, Macropearl), 1/2" circle punch, ribbon scrap, Making Memories mini square brad

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card! Love the dry-embossed dots and the stamped scalloped edge! Thanks for the inspiration.

wendyp said...

You did a beautiful job with the colors! Love embossed dots and the scalloped edge...perfect touch!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, this is lovely! Very elegant and you use such great design elements!

SmilynStef said...

Love all of your great details ... the embossed circles are the perfect touch ... wonderful card.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! What an absolutely lovely card!!! I love the butterfly and the way you colored it. You don't need a SU corner rounder! The scalloped edge that you created is WAY cooler! I love how you layered the circles to create the scalloped edge. Mahalo for sharing! Keep um' comin'! Jenn

Deanna said...

Pretty card, neat way to do a scalloped edge!